Monday, January 30, 2012

Top it Off

Trend is such a dirty word. People wearing the same thing around the same time?
I have two favorites right about now, one is the 90s R&B singer vibe everyone is going for, further documented at Fly, and the other, which- again, I'd hardly call a trend- is guys wearing baseball caps.

Are we still calling it Urban wear? Either way, casual wear among these college men makes me so jealous that I'm not able to wear the same clothes. Well, I am. But it's a lot harder to find for me. Comfort is key for every single one of these outfits, but unlike so many other people you see running around campus in pajamas, gym clothes or whathaveyou, these clothes have 3 (maybe four or five) key elements:


\


1) The garments themselves are nice, slim separates. Loose on occasion, sagging on others, but they're reliable staples like khakis, jeans, tees and plain hoodies.

2) Shoes. The shoes are always on point, even if they've been worn to death. The key seems to be shoes with a bit of pop to them or simple chucks or other high tops

3) Hats. HATS. The hat is my absolute favorite part of these outfits (or this trend). Wearing jeans, a hoodie and a t shirt is hardly commendable this day and age, but it's the bits of personality expressed in the caps that makes me seethe with jealousy. The caps pull an entire casual look together, without making it dressy in any sort of way and add a lot of personality.

She's like a sign telling me to break out the caps



Some years back, my hair was longer and I wore such hats constantly and miss it. Is it possible to dress vicariously through strangers?

Below are some more of my favorite hats of the day


It's LEATHER, y'all












CAAAAWW!




Quick question: Why are there so many Bulls fans in Denton?

No comments:

Post a Comment