Monday, March 12, 2012

Bag Lady

When I was applying to FIDM and couldn't decide whether I wanted to major in Fashion Design or Merchandising (I know), my "advisor," Michael, asked me one question. "Do you prefer going into malls and stores and seeing clothes there or do you like fabric stores more?"
I remembered this question yesterday when I went into a Hancock Fabrics for the first time in about 6 months- the thing is, I'm getting more and more excited by drapery, outdoors and upholstery fabrics than apparel. I'm a bag lady, now.
Colorful bags for travelin' and carryin' is exciting. 

The plan for now is make make make and photograph like crazy until summer comes, then I'll pedal my wares up and down central Austin (The Drag, SoUTH CoNGRESS, East Austin etc.) all summer.

New Fabrics

For grocery totes

New pics taken by Sequoyah Johnson





No comments:

Post a Comment